View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortavia View Post
Haha, yeah, I just did the same thing myself in Sound Forge! My apologies, I was wrong. Weird thing though, the Sleigh Bells release sounds... echoey. I don't think this is my speakers, it does it in my headphones too. The DigiCube release is louder, but I don't find it to distort, I find it to be crisper. Maybe I suck at sound quality! But I still prefer the DigiCube release despite it being the louder soundtrack, there's something funny about the way the Sleigh Bells release sounds.
You can see the distortion, though...even if you can't hear it. For me, it's only really audible on a few tracks, Albedo in particular. But if don't mind, or like it better, that's fine. Enjoy what you like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortavia
It's good to know I remember an cinniĆ¹int correctly though.
Yeah. Mitsuda didn't have experience with mastering then, so he compressed it a lot more than he should have (not brickwalled, thankfully, but still limited far too heavily).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortavia
Oh yeah, and about Xenogears, sure, it has those tracks. But then what about
A Gathering of Stars in the Night Sky
Tears of the Stars, Thoughts of the People
Flight
Wings (all in a row, haha)
The Blue Traveler
I don't particularly find The Blue Traveller all that emotional, but yes, the others are. Not over-emotional, or unsubtle though, which in my mind connotes something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0uDk5i_s0
(Ick)

Last edited by Xenofan 29A; Jan 29, 2013 at 09:26 AM.