View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2007, 08:25 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
What's the organization relationship table going to look like? I'm guessing each row would have two organizations and a relationship type, and what I'm really trying to get at is what the different kinds of relationships are. Is there anything really beyond sublabel/imprint/subcompany and partnership of some sort?

Sure, there's also "sister brands", "predecessor/successor" (like feel -> Elements Garden), and probably more that I haven't thought of. Each row will have optional start and end dates (like group members for group type artists) so you can specify the time frame for, say, the partnership between Pony Canyon and Scitron.

The main reason to go with a separate relationship table is the ability to define multiple relationship links between a particular organization with various others, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I think there might be one more to add that contains this "messe sanoh" or "sofmap" designation. To be honest, I don't know what they are, or how those 2 companies play a role in the whole process of providing enclosure CDs, but they are prevalent enough to be included (and this might reverse what I said above.)
They're among the top software/electronics retailers in Japan. Some publishers provide vendor-specific preorder/purchase collectibles and Sofmap seems to be one of the most popular, although there have been instances where arrangements are made with up to five vendors (including Getchu, LAOX, Tora no Ana and so on).

That being said, they're just retailers and not the actual publishers, even though some have their own catalogue number stem.

Edit: Disregard what I just said, apparently they are attributed as publishers for these bonus CDs.

In that case, I suppose we can ditch the "retailer" role but add it to the organization types.