View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2016, 07:58 AM

I was only planning on uploading a few Lost Child videos but I decided I'd dedicate a separate web page for it filled with (in the future) various information about it. I'll probably spice up the page sooner or later (probably later) with pictures, sound, and translations (no, not the game script, hell naw). Of course, I'm mainly doing this because S.S.H. is related to it - he did compose for the game after all.

Click here for the Lost Child Information web page.

As far as the game itself is concerned, here's a very brief overview:

Quote:
"Lost Child" (ロストチャイルド) is a relatively high budget visual novel PC game developed by tama-soft (たまソフト) and was released in 2006 (after somewhat lengthy delays). Unlike most games of its type (essentially fiction books with sights and sound), Lost Child also incorporated a basic RPG-style battle system. S.S.H. was one of the musicians who contributed to the game's soundtrack and this was also probably his first professional work. About 5 years later, "Project Cerberus" (プロジェクトケルベロス), a versus fighting game spinoff of Lost Child and also composed by S.S.H., was released in the arcades and later, the Sony PlayStation Portable.

The stage is set in "Minamikou", a city where the rain never subsides. Under the gently falling rain, lying in a lukewarm puddle of his own blood, Shouji Tokitou is on the verge of death. Salvation comes in the form of "Ai", a girl who calls herself the "Leiria", and she grants him the power to wear the battle suit "Amitto Cerberus". While this allows Shouji to avoid his demise, it also means that he is led to a separate and tragic path.

"Lost Child" is a "Hero Transformation Adventure Game" and tama-soft dedicates it to anyone who wanted to become a hero.
The videos are mainly promo vids and a few/some probably don't exist on the Internet anymore. Until today that is. If you're an S.S.H. fan, then this is a good opportunity to see his music "in action". Probably worthy of note is "Lost Child - Battle Digest Ver.X.1" which has the song "L.L.2" playing (a reasonably unknown and hard song to find, physically speaking).

Speaking of L.L. (what LL stands for I do not know), a brief history of L.L.:

L.L. (Lost Child Side-A): The original version. Has a short and long version.
L.L.2 (Lost Child Collection Special Disk 2004 Summer): Looks like an arranged version. Has a main melody and non-main melody version (no keyboard).
L.L. (rearrange version) (Lost Child Side-Z): Self-explanatory.
L.L. ~Infinite Beating.ver~ (Project Cerberus): This time with real guitar.