View Single Post
Old May 22, 2018, 10:46 AM
Trusted Editor

I am worried that we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here with ideas when the initial project is still to be financed and released, and I'd like to see more details on the concept of the announced Final Fantasy 4 album, too.
Still, it's really interesting to get an insight of the industry and an evaluation of the possibilities of having both really popular and really obscure titles arranged.
While we continue having this discussion, I'd like to chip in a few more possible titles as well:

Lunar Eternal Blue / Lunar The Silver Star | Sample 1 / Sample 2
Aside from the remakes a few years ago, these titles seem a bit overlooked. I think some of the field themes and battle themes would be interesting as performed by orchestra. License-wise this is probably an entirely different situation than Grandia, though. Still, these are some of Noriyuki Iwadare's most popular 'early works' and milestones in RPG music.

Heracles no Eikou 3, 4 | Sample 1 / Sample 2
I always thought the music has many similarities to Dragon Quest (especially the main theme..), so naturally it's going to be great for orchestra. I'm curious about the success of the upcoming Heracles no Eikou box, which took merely 4 years to produce. While the are a few arranges, I'm not aware of any symphonic arrangement.

Star Ocean The Second Story | Sample 1 / Sample 2
Now this may either be very obvious or not at all, but with the recent 'Tales Of' concert albums in mind and the mention of Valkyrie Profile in this thread, I'm confident that a symphonic arrangement of this game could be phenomenal and for once, a different approach than the prog-rock concerts of the past.

Ihatovo Monogatari | Sample 1 / Sample 2
A personal favorite of mine, I imagine this working very well for a smaller ensemble. Tsukasa Tawada has recently performed this music again on piano, so I assume he is still very passionate about this '93 RPG (rightly so). It still has a strong following in Japan, I think, as the literature it was based on.

Last edited by Teioh; May 22, 2018 at 10:49 AM.