View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:55 PM

Nice work guys. Very relevant stuff and enjoyable to listen to. It's nice to hear people physically talking about game music in-depth.

I had been wondering about the 7th Dragon soundtrack for a while now, and I think I just may have to pick that up. Good job with that, Carl. I definitely agree that Yuzo is on the come back trail. I think the fact that he included a chip version of the entire sound track absolutely rocks.

And I appreciate Akumu's critical analysis of Daytona Box, despite being such a big fan of the series. I'm a fan of him as a composer, but to be honest, his singing voice has always bugged me a little. It just sounds a bit, unnatural.

Also, be sure the listeners know what samples you're playing when you do the stand-alone, extended ones. It was a bit unclear before the 7th Dragon ones, and I was thinking, "What am I listening to here? Is this 7th Dragon?" I heard Akumu mention it later, but I had forgotten if they were any of the tracks Carl had talked about in his review.

Otherwise, keep up the good work and I look forward to the next episode!

- Justin Pfeiffer