View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2013, 01:40 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdapi View Post
I forgot to mention that the other recording engineer un-romanized (中島次郎) is Jiro Nakajima. Sources: twitter account credited as assistant engineer other credit the last one
The Jiro Nakajima on those three albums (most of the Buck-Tick DVD credits come from the 1998 album release) was part of Sound Sky Studio during the '90s & 2000, and I've never been unable to find his name in kanji. How sure are you he's the same person as the 中島次郎 who shows up in 5pb records starting around 2007?

I've found some of those same album listings when trying to find something definitive for his name myself, but I've never been totally sure they're the same guy.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdapi View Post
Anyway, ハルナ can be only read as Haruna, there's no discussion about that.
Haha, well, let's have a discussion about that. It's not a big deal, but just as a personal rule, I don't romanize names that are entirely in hiragana or katakana unless they're obviously a first and last name, because they frequently turn out to have stylized romanizations. Especially ones in katakana.

As an example using ハルナ, HΛL vocalist Haruna Hamada used that name when she was still with the group, but in English it was stylized as HΛLNA, not Haruna. (I don't think it's her on this album.)

Again, not a big deal, and certainly not VGMdb policy. Just my policy.

Last edited by CHz; Mar 28, 2013 at 02:18 PM.