View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
Kidney Stage is a translation of the original tracktitle, as previously mentioned. Though while 腎臓 literally means 'kidney', the stage in the game takes place in what looks like various parts of the human body (yuck).
What I meant was, where did "Kidney Stage" come from? I understand that it's the translation. But that's not what it is called on the soundtrack. Why did Konami suddenly decide to change "Slash Fighter" to "Kidney Stage"? I don't expect you to have the answer, I'm just curious and I'm surprised that no one else has caught this strange substitution.

I played Salamander all the time as a youngster, so I remember that stage. Calling it "Kidney Stage" is rather appropriate, but it does not explain the inconsistency. Why did Konami not change the other track names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
The booklet states that the track is from the MSX exclusive 'Gofer no Yabou Episode II', also released in Europe as 'Nemesis 3: The Eve of Destruction'. The track is also included on From MSX Gofer no Yabou Episode 2.
I didn't know the European equivalent title. I've always called the Japanese release Gradius II: Gofer's Ambition.