View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:54 AM

Honestly, I think many people have their nostalgia headphones on. As much as I like some of the originals and they provide a fair toss up in some cases, I actually like most of CP's remixes to the originals in most cases.

Some exceptions that stand out like "Awakening the Chaos" the original does sound better to me. However, II isn't that far off from being as great a song.

In other area's like "Catus Carnival II" I like the new version better than the original by a large margin . The orignal is still a great song, but certain aspects added to this version are an actual jump in excellence in my opinion.

Plastic Night II for instance stomps all over the original. Which I found the original way too slow, and very rough.

The new songs are amazing in my opinion such as my favorite: Six Heroes, and Sector 7 and Justice Sword. (Not sure which is my top pick)

I think the complaints on this album miss the mark. The originals for the most part and the new ones seem to set out to do two different things. For instance again Catus Carnival the first (the original) seems to be whimsical, II seems to be set out on being more melodic. Plastic Night seemed to be encaptulating maliciousness in a slower paced style (a set up depiction) while II seems to be faster paced to make it more battle oriented.

Even Lust Sin, the original was more emotionless and seemed to show the state of confusion or manipulation of the character it represented. II seem's to be a progression of their mental state showing a depth expanding from them.

Now some will come down to preference: Queen of Rose I to me is far superior to II. For the most part though this soundtrack was very solid. The only issue in my opinion is the soundtrack discs seems to have a glitch that occurs when ripping a track from disc one. Not sure if it's my copy or not.