View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2021, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aifread View Post
The old CD versions do, but they're in between the tracks, so not really intrusive. I actually kind of enjoy them for the cinematic feel they create.
This. I think this vinyl uses the audio from CV4 from the second Dracula Best (I could be wrong) at least that was the impression I got when listening to it. There are SE, but they are between tracks like was said above. If you are on the fence about this one I think you'll be pleased with it if you get it as the presentation of the music on Dracula Best 2 was pretty well done IMO.

I will say I did notice some elements of certain tracks I didn't notice before. However, I guess that's to be expected. I always listened to the CD through crappy computer speakers but I was listening to the vinyl though a *real* set of speakers - so that isn't shocking at all.

If you ARE worried about random SE in tracks, I would be wary of the vinyl for the first game. The Castlevania LP uses the first Dracula Best as its sound base and the track "Walking On The Edge" has whip and heart collection sound effects in it. I honestly don't think kills the LP/track, but I was a little disappointed they used Dracula Best 1 as their sound source for it. I think CVII and CVIII are based on off new transfers.