View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2010, 06:53 PM

Based on the fact that Teruhiko Nakagawa's only track on here that isn't a Blazy Mix is Enemy or Friend?, a story event track, wouldn't that make Teruhiko the one behind the story events (and the Blaze-exclusive ones, fittingly enough) not featured here?

In addition, wouldn't it make sense that Chamy Ishikawa and/or Hiroyuki Hamada were the ones who did I Wanna Breathe and Just A Breath! (SE) along with all the other miscellanious in-game fanfares, as neither Hideki nor Teruhiko are given credit for them? They might not have originally composed I Wanna Breath and Just A Breath [Yukifumi Makino did**], but somebody had to have arranged them for the DS, right? (Especially how the last note of I Wanna Breath is held instead of a quick jab and Just A Breath! is in a different key). In either case, Yukifumi Makino needs to be turned dark blue in the artists section.

**NOTE: The Sonic Colors OST (http://vgmdb.net/album/21444) confirms that Makino composed this.

Furthermore, if Hideki did, in fact, do tracks 23 and 24, then wouldn't it have said "& Re-Arrangement on 23, 24" after it?

Mini-breakdown:
Hideki Naganuma: A New Day (Title Edit), Invincibility, Medley Rush #1

Teruhiko Nakagawa: The Ordinary Zone (aka Zone Select), Theme of Sonic's Event, Theme of Blaze's Event*, After the Fight, Kick the Eggman, Theme of Comical Event, Theme of Warm Event, Theme of Strained Event, Theme of After the Fight, The Last Zone (aka Zone Select 2), Anxiety, A Flicker of Hope, The Metamorphosis, Blaze Pinch!, Groove Rush #6**/*** (aka "It's a New Record!"),* Invincibility (Blazy Mix), 1-Up! **** (aka One-Up!), I Wanna Breathe****, Just A Breath! (SE)****, The Secret, Leaf Storm Zone (Demo Version)*****, Act Clear (Demo Version), Boss (E3 Demo Version), Boss - Pinch (E3 Demo Version)

*Through Enemy or Friend? (aka Blaze Appears) (aka Leaf Storm Zone (Demo Version)). The rest share the same general composition style, much like all the tracks credited to Naganuma. Another way to think about is if, based on Enemy or Friend?/Blaze Appears, Nakagawa is assumed to have done all post-boss cutscenes or all cutscenes period. These include After the Fight, Kick the Eggman and Blaze Pinch!, which all share the common elements of all the other tracks I've credited to Nakagawa.
**Groove Rush #7 = "It's a New Record! (Blazy Mix)" [Groove Rush #6 is a Re-Arrangement by Nakagawa that is reused for BOTH characters in SRA]
***Reused in Sonic Rush Adventure (under the name "Out of Breath" [official name now?]) [Naganuma is not credited]
****Used again in Sonic Rush Adventure and Sonic Colors (DS) [Hideki Naganuma, Masayoshi Ishi and Hiroyuki Hamada are never credited again]
*****Original version of "Enemy or Friend?"/"Blaze Appears;" first section was used to create that particular song heard in the final version of the game

Masayoshi Ishi: What U Need is PSG, Groove Rush #1 PSG, Groove Rush #2 PSG

Hiroyuki Hamada: A New Day (PSG Title Edit)

Credits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fmb-jax7p8#t=1m41s
Sound Director: Teruhiko Nakagawa
Sound Creators: Hideki Naganuma, Masayoshi Ishi [Chamy.Ishi (T's Music)], Hiroyuki Hamada (T's Music)

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Feb 26, 2011 at 05:16 PM.