View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2013, 04:37 PM

Default KICA-7937~8: GENSOSUIKODEN II ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK Vol. 2

Okay, a couple of translations that I don't understand.

201 Praise of Peace
讃歌 is not praise. There are a lot of words that can mean praise: 称賛, 賛美, and 礼賛 to name a few... 讃歌 specifically refers to a song, because its other definitions include hymn, eulogy, etc. It is very much a lyrical description. This should be "A Song in Praise of Peace".

213 Fist of Anger
Actually, this brings up something about the compound 鉄拳 that has bugged me in general for a while now. How is 鉄拳 acceptably "fist"? The character 拳 explicitly means fist by itself. The character 鉄 means iron. It cannot more literally be "iron fist". Yet I see it defined as "fist" every dictionary I look in. It really bugs me to leave out the word iron, especially when the expression iron fist is probably one of the most common expressions in our language. It should be "Iron Fist of Anger". According to the dictionaries, the translation we have right now works, but I just really don't like it >:[

Also, just want to mention that, like a similar case with the Baten Kaitos soundtrack, the #gamemp3s translation uses both of the translations I've suggested. This is one of those times where I kind of favor the #gamemp3s tracklist I guess =/

Also I have to say that I really disagree with the change made to 207, "Cornered" was way less awkward and just better =/

Last edited by Hellacia; Jul 17, 2013 at 04:45 PM.