View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaro Sato View Post
Kickstarter finally fixed the problem. VGMC will re-launch the campaigns once the VO artist has recorded the names of the new featuring titles.
As I mentioned in the earlier post, VGMC has chanced to "Star Fox" to "Star Fox 64"
Personally, I am a bit sad about the changes, and I hope there is a chance for VGMC to feature passed titles soon if not next time.
Well, at least in terms of production, SF64 is far more suitable for an orchestra. I've often mused about how I would present such a score in concert format. I think a single "prologue" suite for all of Kondo's music (the first 7 tracks or so) would be the best way to begin. Then it's all Wakai. The issue with the score, in terms of a concert/orchestral performance, is the short length of the tunes, most running around a minute. You'd need to loop each at least once. I have a clear idea what I would do with most of those tracks on the second loop: changes in orchestration, additional color and flourish, etc. For example, "Katarina" should be basically orchestrated as it's written, then on the repeat, that finale should be lengthened and embellished for maximum dramatic effect. I imagine the moments just after that finale as strings and woodwinds quietly repeating the main melody, punctuated by a lonely stacatto trumpet in the background. I can hear it clearly in my head, and it'd be the perfect end to such a powerful track.

If it's not working to extend them, perhaps the tracks would be better off arranged as medleys in the same way the Actraiser Symphonic Suite was presented.

SF64 is unique for Wakai's contribution, which represents what must be the most sophisticated orchestral score to every accompany a space shooter. Tracks 8 through 18 ("Training" through "Area 6") are basically uninterrupted genius from beginning to end. Please include all of them! "Star Wolf" deserves a rendition as well.

While this is a fan-funded project and while you are disappointed about the shift to SF64, I want you to know that being one to orchestrate this particular work is a genuine privilege. Star Fox (SFC)'s score is excellent, but SF64 is legitimately brilliant.

Last edited by Jormungand; Aug 13, 2018 at 12:27 PM.