View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilef View Post
Difference between music and images isn't really taken into account, here, i was merely explaining why scans, since they're copyrighted, have the potential to bring up trouble, and again... is a fact that their presence here can be rightly considered a form of piracy... Sorry for the dumb example, but are you normally allowed to open an album, take a look at booklets/cds, without purchasing it?

What's usually being said? Unauthorized copy/reproduction of this album or any of its parts, apart from personal use, is strictly forbidden?)
huh, I don't know for your country but I've already seen booklets and cds
once I could even "physically" steal it
if you want another dumb question, will you open a book or a magazine before buying it? ;p

I think that the unauthorized thing is about the contents of the cd/dvd, it's the most important part of an album
if you lose the booklet, you can still listen to the cd (if you don't lose the cd, of course)

and you seem to forget shop sites propose a front cover scan of the album they sell, a scan is a scan, and they never got problems about it, why would vgmdb be not allowed