View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2008, 09:22 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yes, my point was that japanese publishers tend to follow this unified format of putting "Drama CD" in the obi behind the game title for drama CDs. It's analogous to anime albums putting "TV Animation" in the obi title. Considering the amount of drama albums with this naming convention we're badly skewing the album distribution in the alphabetical browse list. The only reason that list I put up isn't longer is that most other drama albums in the database have already had their display titles rearranged.

The browse list is itself a search index. Compared to your other examples, "drama CD" is in fact not as crucial to the accuracy of the album title -- if you look at the majority of the album cover scans, publishers are quite erratic in the placement of that portion (on the booklet front "drama CD" tends to follow the game title instead, if it is even present -- an example here) This is why I like to see them de-emphasized along with stuff like "PS2 game" or "PC game".

Of course, I can't argue if all printed versions of the title agree with "drama CD" at the beginning (in that case I must wonder why there is a tilde present in the Xenosaga drama CD titles, why the "vol.#" portion is moved to the back of the Tales of the Abyss titles, etc.)