View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:55 AM

Looking forward to this. I will probably get this, but mostly for the retro-factor of these tunes (and the lack of proper releases for the remaining "real" Genesis/Mega Drive-soundtracks) but not because of the musical quality. So far I only know the soundtrack for Episode I anyway, and while there a few tunes I like, it's still nothing in comparison to the classics. For my taste, Jun Senoue's composition are way too "harmless" for a Sonic game. I remember when I first got a gamerip for Sonic 3D-Blast with a composer breakdown it turned out that all my favourites where the ones by the co-composers, while the ones by Senoue were pretty alright, but nothing special. I always assumed SEGA use him that heavily because he's probably a great guy and easy to work with. xD

Well, nevertheless I'm looking forward to this release. (Sure would love to see Sonic 3D Blast... I'm somewhat surprised that this didn't got a release last year since both Senoue and Jaques are involved in the (two different) game OSTs and they are both still working for SEGA - and isn't Senoue also involved with Wavemaster? But whatever...)