View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2020, 04:17 AM

My general research/experience with Yahoo proxies is that they are mostly the same and no one company is better than the other, the total fees charged are fairly similar, and each have their own strengths and weaknesses (e.g. Buyee's fee-free storage limit is on the lower side at 30 days, others are 45 days; Buyee doesn't require a deposit in advance to bid, but others do; Zenmarket has a loyalty program, others don't, etc...). Furthermore, your experience with the agent and the fees charged may change depending on the particular nature of the transaction (e.g. one big expensive heavy item from one seller versus multiple inexpensive small stuff from one or multiple sellers). How much the fee is, is less important than what kind of fee it is. Overall, it makes comparing hard (and time consuming to be honest).

I can say though that I have not found a good proxy that is well equipped to deal with multiple items from one seller over multiple days. Understandably, due to the Yahoo "system" and technical reasons, they (the agent), want to start, pay for and finish the transaction on the same day the auction ends. So if you want local combined shipping from one seller over a period of time, you'll have to find another way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
Just wanted to follow up on my experience with FromJapan. Not a positive one. First, they categorically refuse to declare a lower value on the customs form.
Isn't that for insurance purposes? Suppose for whatever reason, the package is lost or the contents damaged. I would imagine that the sender (or you) would want compensation for the full value of the items. If they declared a lower value than the true value, then they just screwed themselves. It sucks that some countries have high import taxes/tariffs but them's the breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
no flexibility
Without going into detail, I'm having an issue with a proxy that involves the topic of flexibility (or lack of). Due to this lack of flexibility, my parcels have been in storage since March...

Yahoo agents are great when things are going smoothly. But when an issue or a complication arises, then it can potentially all go to shit, I'm sorry to say.

Last edited by layzee; Oct 2, 2020 at 04:28 AM.