View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2012, 05:03 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRC-7 View Post
Crying and King Colossus are listed on his old Wave Master profile.
I've noticed that the old WM profiles seem to be oriented toward what the person's main role in the company was. For example, Seirou Okamoto was apparently foremost an SFX guy, so his profile totally omitted the compositional roles he had in Sonic 3D and Magic Knight Rayearth.

Likewise, since Shigeharu Isoda was largely a sound programmer, the profile doesn't outright say he composed for Bio-Hazard Battle or King Colossus. For BHB it lists planning, programming, and sound data entry, and for KC it's just sound data entry. He definitely could have composed for them too; the profile vexingly just doesn't say that specifically.

Quote:
Kazumi Nasu
"Kazumi Nasu" is credited as a programmer and director for Bio-Hazard Battle, and the WM profile lists programming and planning for Shigeharu Isoda. Plus, Shigeharu is credited as "Shigeharu 'NASU' Isoda" on PC Engine's World of DARIUS. Could be legit.

Quote:
K.N.U.
This is only a crackpot theory, but I've been thinking that maybe K.N.U. isn't a single person, but perhaps a developer or sound company (that Shigeharu Isoda could have been a part of). The credits for K.N.U. in both BHB and KC are "sound directed by" without any specifics about BGM or SFX and so forth, so it seems to me like there might be some wiggle room for it to be a group.

At the very least, I'm not 100% convinced K.N.U. is the same person as "Kazumi Nasu," as both are credited in Bio-Hazard Battle, albeit for different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdapi View Post
This page details the career of S.I. and, besides confirming one of his alias (Nasu)
I'd recommend against treating Sega Retro's composer pages as reliable; if it means anything to you, they're largely maintained by kyubihanyou (if not, he used to be a heavy contributor here before he quit because he was tired of us rejecting his speculative edits, and he hasn't stopped presenting guesses as facts at SR). The works lists are probably fine, since they seem to be mostly taken from game credits, but it's the artist-alias associations and composition & arrangement lists in particular I'd recommend you verify yourself elsewhere.

We do have scans confirming "Nasu," though, so that's alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdapi View Post
it can be seen that he worked along with his brother (Kenichiro Isoda) in some titles. In the discussion you posted, I think it mentions that Shigeharu and Kenichiro worked together in some game (I don't know exactly which one) and that Kenichiro did most of the composition work.
Are Kenichiro and Shigeharu confirmed to be related? I've assumed they are for a while since they've worked together, but is there any proof besides their having the same family name?