View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:12 PM

Notes about scans: The slight angle of the text on e.g. Insert Outer scan is like that in the original. Print quality in general isn't the best. If you wonder why descreening was quite visibly only done partially: I wanted to preserve that very apparent grainy look of the original which the print screen creates in those areas where filtering wasn't used. It's mostly the large colored text. If you wonder why the same motif on different scans sometimes looks noticably different color-wise: it's like that in the original as well. For the current set the originals were viewed under a 3000 kelvin warm tungsten halogen desk lamp while editing (sign of that are for example very noticable the saturated reds or the yellowish skin of the guys). That means the current set looks very close (provided that a calibrated monitor is used) to what you'd see lighting the original with such a lamp. When I get my D50 SoLux lamp back I'll probably make another set and you can decide which you prefer (didn't want to make you wait any longer isdapi-san).

Here's the PNG version of the Insert Outer scan (used jpg for submission for that one, size limit reached): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7295308/colo...sert-Outer.png

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year everyone.

Last edited by Zethe; Dec 28, 2012 at 04:36 AM.