View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2010, 02:37 PM

I figured I post these quotes from the Mega Man X Official Complete Works about the music of X2:

Sho Tsuge: "The person in charge of the background music [taking this to be Yuki Iwai] came to us saying, 'I finished the music for the last boss.' So a few of us went in with the project leader to listen to the new music, and we all agreed, although it was good, it just didn't sound like 'last boss' music. That's when the software guy quietly suggested that we make it the ending theme. It was true that music had more of an 'ending' feel to it, so the arrangement was changed up a bit and really did end up being the ending theme for the game."

So, track 64 "Ending" was originally ment to fullfill track 62 ("Sigma 2nd") shoes. The creation of what became "Sigma 2nd" probably followed this decision.

Sho Tsuge: "The music for [Flame] Stag's stage was quite popular among the team members, and when they found out I wanted to cut it, I was verbally thrashed. As an interesting coincidence, 'X-Men' for the Super NES was also being developed at the same time as 'X2,' and I heard the main planner on that team tried to cut the music for Psylocke's Stage, which was a team favorite, and was simularly scolded by their team. I guess we planners stick together and make the same mistakes..."

This quote is thick with irony considering the very beginning of the track is cut off in soundtrack box....

Interesting stuff. I know it's an artbook but I wish there was a bit more about the music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Ito View Post

Disc 1
37: Contains sound effects -- may be "hardcoded" into the song, though
I don't think this is the case, can help but think the SPC set is free of the text typing, same w/X3's opening.

Last edited by Brad Evans; Jan 31, 2010 at 02:40 PM.