View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2011, 01:59 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfr6666 View Post
Hi, CHz. One of my friends has seen your post here and the following is what she wants to say:

Since every commentator of the tracks has taken part in the composition of the game, the commentary should be written by the actual composer.

The only exception is Track 2 and 17 of Disc 1. The two commetators are different while the melodies are the same.

The other concern is Track 3 of Disc 1. The booklet has revealed the actual composer, but the composer wasn't a member of Kukeiha Club. As a result, they may make the composer taking part in the game to write the comment.

Cheers.
You have an awesome friend.

Did she look at everything, and were those the only issues she found? I just wanted to check, since you didn't mention whether she looked over the whole thing or not. I'm rather curious about the commenter on tracks 207 and 215, since 最終ボス is kind of a generic alias, and it doesn't seem to have been used by any Konami guys in a game.

Good catch with tracks 102 (Gradius II arcade) and 117 (Gradius II NES). I'd guess the commenter for 117, Hidenori Maezawa, is the guy who did the NES conversion of the original arcade tune. And track 103 from Lagrange Point was indeed composed by someone not from Konami, Akio Dobashi. It was also arranged for the NES by Aki Hata: http://vgmdb.net/album/3689.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoZeke View Post
Pretty sure most are the main composers. At the very least they each had their role
I knew most, if not all, of the commenters were part of the games' sound teams, but I was worried about cases like the Lagrange Point one above where a different person than the composer commented on the track. Seems like that was only a rare case, but I was just being cautious.

Excellent job with the staff roll homework, by the way. I just wanted to comment/nerd out on a few of your findings:

Quote:
although track 10 from the first disc and 07 from the second --Castlevania and ESPER DREAM--were done by James Banana / Kinuyo Yamashita.
Yamashita apparently wrote most of the music from Castlevania, but not all of it: "I composed music for 悪魔城ドラキュラ. Not all. But,most is my music" (http://cocoa.candybox.to/yamako1/mka...logno=&type2=1) and "I'm certain that other people were involved with the composition of the original version of Castlevania, but they composed very little of the music" (http://squareenixmusic.com/features/...amashita.shtml). I'm not sure if anyone's gotten a full list of which tracks are hers, so perhaps the ending was Shinya Sakamoto's, since he was the commenter.

Also, here are some Esper Dream 1 credits for ya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNLqh69yhfc#t=9m45s

Quote:
MUSIC
CHARMING YAMAKO (Kinuyo Yamashita)

ASSISTANT (unsure if this means music/sound assistance, but...)
RUSHER SHINYA (... Shinya Sakamoto is a sound guy)
MONGOL TOMOKO (I don't know any sound guys this could be though)
ULTRA NAKAOKA (same)
The commenter for that track was the mysterious 最終ボス, no clue what the deal with that is.

Quote:
103 Nazo Suzuki (Source - under "Sound Design" NOTE: I know MobyGames is a 'pick with a grain of salt' deal, but is all I could find in short notice.)
Lagrange Point's sound credits are terrible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e17-xPe406c#t=10m37s. Akio Dobashi and Noriyuki Takahashi of REBECCA are credited for music, along with the two tracks they composed, "TUM'S BOOGIE" and "THE RESURRECTION OF SABBATH -ENDING THEME-," and then KU-KEI-HA CLUB is listed too. So the credits leave out non-Konami musicians Makoto Kawamoto, Tadashi Sawashita, and Kenji Nakamura, who are all credited on the OST, and they don't give the specific Konami employees who wrote the music and arranged the non-Konami guys' music for the NES. Aki Hata, for example, claims to have written nine tracks and arranged THE RESURRECTION OF SABBATH, and she's nowhere in the credits.

Then Sukenomiya Fujio and Nazonazo Suzuki are credited for "Sound Design," which is separate from music and doesn't include Aki Hata, so I'm assuming it's SFX or something else. Which isn't to say neither of those guys composed any music, because they may have! Stupid worthless sound credits.

Thankfully, as above, we do know who were responsible for Lagrange Point's ending theme, and neither are Nazo Nazo, who it seems was commenting in Dobashi's place.

Quote:
118 T. Sekito (listed first and two spaces apart) (Source [1])
Space Manbow's sound credits are also incomplete, leaving out additional composers Yuji Takenouchi (commenter) and Michiru Yamane. Bigblah corresponded with TECHNOuchi to get the full credits for that: https://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?p=13786.

Quote:
120 Not sure... (Source)
Wai Wai World 2 sound design:
Sakagon Milk-Shop(?) Yuichi (Yuichi Sakakura is apparently Sakagon)
Gentleman(?) Matsubara Ken-chan (Kenichi Matsubara, well spotted)
Minami Muchimuchipurin Satoko (Satoko Miyawaki, also known as Satoko Minami, which is possibly her maiden name)

Quote:
201 Not sure if these are Staff credits... (Source)
Wai Wai World's credits for "sound" start at 7:08: Rusher Sakamoto (Shinya Sakamoto), Shige-chan (unknown), and Damian Fujio (Atsushi Fujio, commenter).

Quote:
204 J. Kaneda (Source - under "STAFF")
I thought the credits for Labyrinth Runner were your most interesting find, since this is one of the tracks Kingoro commented on, and Kaneda was apparently the game's only sound guy. Junichiro Kaneda's family name is 兼田, but a more common way to write it is 金田, which has the same first character as Kingoro (金五郎). I find that identity a lot more compelling than Tsutomu Ogura.