View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:33 PM

It's an amazing album indeed, and I agree that there's not any filler. I won't say there's not a single track I don't like, but they're very few (well, 2). For the most part, this may be my favorite Motoi Sakuraba soundtrack, because I hear phrases that tell me it's his work without making me feel he's churning out his old recycled sounds. He gets that criticism and sometimes I agree with it, more in the case of Valkyrie Profile / Star Ocean (and he writes a LOT of game music, I don't blame him too much), but for this soundtrack, I can't say that at all.

My favorites (I'll try to limit this!):
112 Between the Winds... it's so tranquil, I can listen to it over and over again and never get tired of it.
203 House of Cards... I can't explain why other than "there's something about it", it's so unique, and when the percussion really sets in I love it so much.
227 A Deep Sea of Tears... I'm a sucker for this stuff when it's done well, and I feel everything the violin does in this song, and the piano backs it perfectly.

This is of a list of MANY favorites! Haha. But I'm keeping my promise to myself that I'm going to be concise about it... I could list quite a few more. To be specific, I found 201 Deadbeat and 221 Survival from The Force to be particularly offputting, but I won't go into detail about why. But unlike my list of favorites, those are the only two I can name that I will skip with prejudice if they come on. Yeah, this is a great soundtrack.