View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:48 AM

Default Two new Amiga CD projects on the horizon...

After years of absence from the remixing scene, Instant Remedy is finally ready to give the fans a second injection of his all-healing dance beats, this time in the shape of a remix album concentrating on the Commodore Amiga: many of the popular and big titles from the 16-bit era will be included and of course rendered into booty-shaking, dance-friendly versions with that instantly recognizable IR trademark sound. The tracklisting of the CD is still a secret, but tunes like “Project X” or “Lotus Turbo Challenge 2” are destined to be included - and what kind of Amiga album would possibly be complete without music by Hülsbeck and Hippel?

Instant Remedy began his remixing career a decade ago and quickly became known as a dance remix whiz when his takes on “Commando”, “Last Ninja”, or “Comic Bakery” were released. The enthusiastic feedback he received from listeners soon led to the production of a proper SID remix album published by C64Audio.com in 2002 (now sold out, but available as a digital download from www.c64audio.com).

Says Martin (aka Instant Remedy): “I have thought about making Amiga remixes for quite a while, but was never able to get myself to begin. They are quite different from SID remixes since you have a second dimension to cover: the samples technology available on the 16-bit computer. Amiga tunes get their special sound and atmosphere by using samples on top of the melody to describe the music. My vision is to stay true to the original compositions but within the boundaries of a dance style remix. And it really feels good to be back…”

It has also been revealed that a fourth (and possibly final) album in the acclaimed “Immortal” series is currently being worked on. Created by Portuguese Ruben Monteiro back in 1997, the idea behind the “Immortal” project is to have popular tunes from Commodore Amiga games arranged for CD by the original composers whenever possible. Artists like Allister Brimble, Chris Hülsbeck, Andrew Barnabas, Tim Wright, Jason Page or the late Richard Joseph have contributed exclusive studio versions of their game soundtracks in the past. The most recent volume was released in 2006 and featured over 150 minutes of music from 35 Amiga titles.

Says executive producer Jan Zottmann: “I think I have been talking about the fourth album on a number of occasions already, but it was never announced properly. So here you finally have it… we’re working on it, and it is going to be a massive double CD set once again! The list of contributors includes a number of familiar faces, but also some composers who are new to the series, for instance Jean Baudlot, Mark Knight or Raymond Usher”.

Official news thread: http://www.remix64.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6110