View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2015, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Isn't that tune from Kirby's Adventure, making it Ando?
Mm yeah it's pretty obvious Ando, I think I'd just call that a mistake. lol

Quote:
I think this one sounds more like Ishikawa.
The 7thy part does, but then all the HAL composers use those kinds of chords. The first section sounds that vaguely bit reminiscent of the Smash Bros Melee "Rainbow Ride" arrangement. Granted, this isn't a tune I'm really confident about.

Quote:
I'm not hearing these. Though admittedly I don't have better suggestions.
Huge Pillar sounds like it's more likely to be Sakai, now you mention it. Ando would be my last choice for it, anyway. Dense Fog Today, again, not confident about it, but I think I've heard Ishikawa do other ambient sorts of sounds like this in other games. It could easily be any of them.

Quote:
Do you just mean that first chord? The rest of the track, at least on the file I have, is from Sakai's Menu theme. Actually, a bunch of tracks do this, and maybe they're not supposed to?
In my rip this is a 5 second jingle with some sus brass chords and not much else. So it's possible that's what you're hearing followed by the Menu Theme. I haven't played the game, so I'm not sure how this stuff hooks up in-game anyway since it's a jingle there's again very little to say about it.

Quote:
All of these sound very much like Ishikawa to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyLover130
These days, I've come to believe that Dan Miyakawa did no compositions for Super Star and maybe he did sound effects or "assistance"
I'm of the same opinion. I am not convinced Dan Miyakawa did anything for KSS... his role at HAL is a big mystery and something he has refused to talk about when asked, other than saying that he did not enjoy his time at HAL Laboritories. All the music sounds like Ishikawa anyway.... it's still phhwoarsome even now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyLover130
I wasn't even aware that Akira Miyagawa had any involvement in Air Ride haha. My guesses were about the same except I pinned Ikegami instead of Miyagawa (since those compositions don't sound like the other 3 guys' work)
I can understand the confusion ~ they're actually songs from the Kirby anime! So you're correct in saying that Miyagawa didn't work on Air Ride. The main reason why they sound different is because the songs include recordings of a live orchestra (or at least session performers) rather than using orchestral sample libraries/romplers like the HAL musicians use. I must say, I don't really like these songs very much. haha (well a couple of them are ok.)