View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcs View Post
Ooh, I'll keep an eye out for the Birdman remake, thanks!

I've always wanted a release of some PW64 tracks, which is why I picked up this disc. It was kind of disappointing in that regard, though still historically interesting.
Thank you for the release.
To be honest, I find it strange that these tracks somehow got to see the light of day at all. They aren't anything particularly good musically speaking, in my opinion, to warrant putting them on a promotional release. Sounds more like something you release years later for fervent fans who must know everything about the game, like how they released the original synth recordings by the composer of Mr Gimmick! like 20 years later or something, which were generally better than what can be heard here, and properly editted, not with three or four loops like in this disc.
I would be curious to know the story of how this came to be, if these last three tracks are, indeed, as we suspect, actual prototypes from the development cycle, or just some crappy MIDI tracks someone at Nintendo did for whatever reason xD, and, in both cases, just how on earth they ended up in this disc.
It's like the tracks were flying arround Nintendo's offices and some unscrupulous employee took them and they ended up on whoever was responsible for this 's desk or something. (well, that was a mouthful)
It's all very strange, really.

Last edited by radorn; Nov 8, 2019 at 01:45 PM.