View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2014, 03:17 PM

Actually, listening to Code Name: Viper's soundtrack some more, it just doesn't make sense that Tamiya only did one track for the game. The ending music sounds just like the ending music to Little Nemo, especially the very end before it loops over. Area 7 and 8 sounds just like something out of Street Fighter 2010. The door bomb jingle sounds just like Gun.Smoke. There's just no way Tamiya didn't do those tracks. I think that she actually just might be remembering incorrectly about what she did. I wonder if in that interview they played each track for her or played her any of the music at all.

This reminds me of when Yasuaki Fujita said he did all the main map pieces to Breath of Fire, when it's so obviously Mari Yamaguchi's style. Again, in that case, I think Fujita is just remembering incorrectly. I mean, we're all probably a lot more connected to this music than the composers at this point in time. They made this music about 25 years ago and probably don't cherish it as much as we do. I also don't think they care as much as we do about who composed what, so, I sort of think our educated guesses are somewhat more accurate in certain cases...