View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrk506 View Post
This reminds me of when Yasuaki Fujita said he did all the main map pieces to Breath of Fire, when it's so obviously Mari Yamaguchi's style. Again, in that case, I think Fujita is just remembering incorrectly. I mean, we're all probably a lot more connected to this music than the composers at this point in time. They made this music about 25 years ago and probably don't cherish it as much as we do. I also don't think they care as much as we do about who composed what, so, I sort of think our educated guesses are somewhat more accurate in certain cases...
I believe Fujita. The first world map and other two are indeed different in style, and my breakdown (though it ultimately ended up being wrong) mostly lines up with Fujita having done the majority of the soundtrack. As I listened more and more, I became further convinced it was mostly a single composer doing most of the work; the problem is that I decided Yamaguchi to be that composer because her work elsewhere lined up.

As a composer, I wouldn't forget about something I wrote. Maybe if it was a close collaboration type situation (such as McCartney-Lennon), but in cases like these where composers really didn't edit each other's work, it's unlikely they would just forget.