View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2014, 06:50 PM

Well, i just gave some more listen to the Final Fight soundtrack and i think i found 3 good candidates for her work. Abigail's Theme, Restroom Theme, and Intro Theme.

I am pretty certain Abigail's theme is her's due to its many similarities with the SF2 soundtrack, as i have stated previously.

And then there's the theme in the toilets, which shares some similarities to the character select theme from SF2, and one thing that leads me closer to the possibility that it might actually be her is by listening to the style of chords in the lead melody, it's not the usual follow up type of chords most composers use, it kind of does its own thing and matches up well but does go off. Still not enough as it is not a style totally limited to one person, but it does provide a heavier consideration for me. The only other composer i can think of that kind of uses this style is yuko, but she couldn't have been around at this point otherwise she would have credits from pre-1993, which is where it starts for her, and it isn't entirely the same as yoko's. But anyway, the points which still leave questions for me is the beat style is very simplistic and unlike her, unless it's a dance style track, which this obviously isn't. Same applies to the bass, which is usually very busy in her songs. But this is all speculation, again, not saying they never go there, just they often don't so i can only say what is apparent to me.

The intro is a new one. I started listening to it, breaking it down via nebula jukebox, and i realized it had a lot of SF2-like elements. The backing brass is very much yoko style, and then i started listening to SF2 music and realized it shared several melodic and beat similarities. It also kind of has that live a live sound that made me wonder if she had a minimal part in C&D.

Again, all just speculation, but if this is true, then she had 3 contributions to the game. One i am sure of, but still consider the possible no, one i question, and one i now consider.