View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:44 PM

Really digging the demo versions. Disc 2 is essentially a synthy arranged album, love it. It's cool to hear what direction Masato was originally going in with the music. Seems like if he did the Sonic 2 soundtrack today on modern consoles, it would be mostly jazz. These tracks will take some getting used to though, as I'm so familiar with the originals.

I happen to really dig the simple design of the album, too. Things were a lot simpler back in the early 90s (games too!) and maybe this was their way of conveying that message. Somehow I feel if the artwork was too flashy, there would be complainers about that too. Keep in mind, this was released by DCT Records, Nakamura's own label, not Sega. But if you didn't actually pay for this, you have no right to complain. Maybe if you actually had the physical album in front of you instead of looking at a compressed scan on a computer monitor, you'd see things differently. The real focus here is the music anyway, everything else is just a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLO View Post
Nowadays there's a lot of doujin albums that look more professional then this.
Great artwork does not a good album make. Also it's than, not then, Sir Professional.