View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Vocal Arrange
Synth Vocal - Vocaloids fit here
I'm not sure if we need to detail a style of an arranged album and Vocaloids needs their own classifications.

Quote:
OP Theme
ED Theme
It's interesting. I think these classifications work best when a single contains a full version of OP/ED themes while the OST has only the short version. If we have dedicated classifications for OP/ED themes, we need a "Featured Theme" as well, since they are sometimes released separately (like this).

Quote:
Derivative Work - Incorporation of older game themes, or classical music
When a Final Fantasy soundtrack has a Prelude or Chocobo theme, is the track seen as Derivative Work? Are a best of/compilation albums also classified as this?

Quote:
Of course, I still don't know if one of these categories fits FFXIII.....
FFXII (and dozens more DS albums) will surely fall under dematster/revamp/whatever Datschge will comes up with!

I might be a bit too passionate about more classifications, but at the same time I don't prefer to expand our classifications broadly. What I think the minimum additions required are Unused/Prototype, Remaster/Demaster, and one or two more for character songs, commercial and trailers, but I know it may already sound too many.