View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2013, 04:46 AM

I sincerely don't see why this is some type of issue. Seriously.

As I said there, and I quote (myself):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 413/0 View Post
So if the album has a remix, or what have you, that would constitute an additional classification, it should just be left unchanged because "there's only one remixed track". Quite the counterproductive approach for the purposes of the database, wouldn't you agree?

Whether it's a single track or multiples shouldn't be a factor when adding additional categories - that's why they are there in the first place, to classify.
By adding, for the sake of this example, remix to the classification field, we're just noting its content by classifying it and providing relevant information pertaining specifically to that product, which is the purpose of any database. In this case, most albums that contain additional tracks that are either arranged or remixed are identified as such ([1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] ...), so there's hardly any chance someone would get confused over the classification, which is there as a point of reference anyway.

Until this "track-by-track" database thingy you're working on is finished, this is the best way to properly classify the product's content.