View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:47 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Blue View Post
I undid the changes, though I'd find it helpful if newly submitted tracklists and pending changes are approved by moderators before they will be displayed. That way, controversial things can be discussed before they're actually spread and other sites pick them up.
I think that's against the spirit of the site and would needlessly slow it down, just to avoid some incorrect changes here or there. (Vulcan is really insistent about his changes tho)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Blue View Post
I find it a bit weird to include romanized Japanese titles in an English tracklist, though some games sound weird if translated completely, Tokimeki Memorial being just one example. The thing is, where should we draw the line?
I think we should go for the better known or more sensical title, case by case. Really, why force "Hearththrob Memorial" when nobody calls the game that? In the JP tracklist it's a clear reference but in the EN tracklist somebody will think it's a new game or something. "Devil's Castle" is borderline but since this site uses "Akumajo", either that or good ol' Castlevania would do better.