View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2019, 03:53 AM

The Legend of Zelda Concert 2018 has a Boss Battle Theme Medley which contains Boss Battle #1 (Second Half) (along with Majora's Mask Boss Battle theme, Wind Waker's Mini-Boss Battle theme and Skyward Sword's Ghirahim Battle and Moldarach Battle themes) and is credited to Minegishi, Wakai, Fujii and Yokota. So the only one who could have composed it is Minegishi since the others didn't participate to Twilight Princess (except Yokota but only for one of the trailer themes).

Same situation with Boss Battle #2, featured in the Boss Battle Theme Medley on The Legend of Zelda 30th Anniversary Concert. The medley is credited to Kondo, Wakai and Minegishi but Kondo is known to have only participated to one of the trailer songs and the Title Theme, so that leaves Minegishi having composed that theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
Koji Kondo's sole contribution is "Teaser Music #2" (Sound Selection only), but strangely I have Michiru Oshima credited to "Teaser Music #1" while on the Sound Selection it is credited to both Kondo (music) and Mahito Yokota (arrange). Anyone can confirm this?
Kondo also participated to the vocal part of the Title Theme as he stated in a promotionnal video for Twilight Princess HD.
Michiru Oshima was the arranger/orchestrator of both the trailer themes. The #2 was composed by Kondo and the #1 was composed/originally arranged by Yokota (since it features Zelda's Lullaby, Kondo is credited as well for composition).

Quote:
Middle Boss Battle #1 (against Ook), which is has a very different sound than the rest of the battle music with its tribal / eastern vibe (reminds me a bit of Yoshino Aoki or Miki Higashino's works for Breath of Fire / Suikoden) to be honest.

Boss Battle #1 (First Half) sounds like a reference to past Zelda boss battle themes like for Ocarina of Time ("Dinosaur Boss Battle", "Boss Battle") or Majora's Mask ("Boss Battle") with its hard piano chords and string motifs.
It's like Minegishi told Hayazaki "compose the first boss theme to make it sound like this and this from this" to that Zelda fans are greeted by a familiar sound
Since we know that Minegishi composed Boss Battle #1 (Second Half) and since it features both of these themes, we can at least conclude that Minegishi composed both of them. Hayazaki could have arranged both but I don't think that's the case: Boss Battle #1 (First Half) is 100% Minegishi's style and I think Minegishi is very well capable of doing tribal themes like Middle Boss Battle #1. I mean, him having done Boss Battle #1 (Second Half) is enough of a proof that he can compose tribal-like music.

Quote:
Boss Battle #4 makes direct reference to "Dinosaur Boss Battle" from Ocarina of Time mixing into "Boss Battle #1", so another Kondo reference here (like she did back in Four Swords Adventures)
Sounds 200% like Minegishi. And Minegishi also did arrange some of Kondo's previous works in the Zelda series (like the Zora Domain, the Goron Village, etc...). He even used part of the Dinosaur Boss Battle theme in Boss Battle#2 !

Quote:
Middle Boss Battle #4 is exactly like "Middle Boss Battle #1", it has very distinct different feeling like the rest, more eastern sounding, and overall softer.
It also sound a lot like Minegishi's work (the violins especially sound like his work in Spirit Tracks).

Quote:
Battle (Twilight) yeah why not? I mean didn't she say she composed music for Link and Midna? While not the battle theme for Twilight Realm? It's also pretty simple and could also be ordered by Minegishi to compose a piece with a electronic focus
(also the chords sound similar to "Middle Boss Battle #4") and overall it's another piece which sticks out from the rest
The part begining at 1:18 sounds a lot like Minegishi's orchestration style to me. Also, it has a shared motif with Palace of Twilight and we know that Minegishi was involved with most (if not all) of the dungeon themes.

Quote:
Tutorial is simple enough and also features this kind of elegant and soft composition which reminds me again of Aoki or Higashino (especially the flute)
It is a softer version of Hidden Skill Training which sound 100% like Minegishi's work. So Minegishi most likely composed it and Hayazaki could have arranged it but I can also see her having no involvement with this song.

Quote:
Snowboarding should be clear. I think lots of people stated that it definitely sound like her work.
I agree.

Quote:
Goat Herding sticks out like "Middle Boss Battle #1". The use of pan flute could indicate for Minegishi first, but I think it's Hayazaki's work
That one is really hard, it sound a lot like Minegishi's Spirit Tracks works but I think it could also fit Hayazaki's style.

Quote:
Agitha's Caste & Iza's Rapid Ride see "Tutorial"
I agree to say that those two themes are most likely Hayazaki's work.

Quote:
Fish On! another Kondo reference ("Battle" from Ocarina of Time)

Fish Catch and Mini Game Victory would fit into the category of her contributions and would make sense, altho they're pretty short to make further decisions
I also think they're Hayazaki's work but I could be wrong.