View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:30 AM
VGMdb Administrator

We already have a track table, don't we? It sounds like you're talking about some reorganization though, where instead of having the English and Japanese tracks as separate entries, they'd both be attributes of a single track. That would definitely nice, since the time would only need to be stored once.

Media is an interesting idea. I could envision that we'll have media types such as N64 Cart or 3.5" Floppy for some games. I hope that there'll be some kind of dual association so that certain enclosures can be listed and searchable in the album database while retaining their association with the product database.

As for redbooks, this seems like a good way to use the tools available to store information about redbook discs. However, I still don't want to see redbooks in the albums database. If we are going to catalogue music on redbooks, we need to expand the design so that we can handle music information from other formats -- midi, spc, digital music stored in the game data files, etc. In other words, we'd be covering the music from every game in every format, along with the composer associations and all the new metadata types. One nice thing that would fall out of this is that we could effectively provide a recipe for extracting the music from any game.