View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2019, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blob View Post
Additionally, Hayazaki's VGMO profile says this about her role:

My best guess is that Minegishi was responsible for town/field/dungeon music and some battle themes, while Hiyazaki was mostly cutscene music and additional battle themes. I've also heard some speculation that Hayazaki did the mini-game themes because of how Mario-Kart-esque they are. But in general, Twilight Princess's soundtrack is kind of a mystery (though not as much as Wind Waker).
I honestly have no idea where did VGMO get the information that Asuka Ohta did battle themes, but in my honest opinion all (or most) battle music sounds much more like Minegishi's style; he mentions a bit about his involvement in battle music here:

Quote:
(...) while I retained the atmosphere of previous works in the series, I also added elements that were melancholy, tragic, and majestic, etc., and emphasized the feeling of speed and movement in the main theme and battle music.
Anything that doesn't come from the Sound Selection CD or the interviews / commentary from the composers is merely speculatory though, but I feel that people have been inflating Ohta's role in this soundtrack for many years (I feel like she may have just been called for some additional / later themes, as Minegishi was the primary composer).