View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2010, 08:18 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Quote:
Standardizing the inclusion of names in artist albums (e.g., Hoshizora no Sakamichi / Haruka Shimotsuki)
Not sure about what do you want to standardize about the artist names..
But i am for including the artist name in the following case: CD singles & works albums.
Should it be always "album / artist" or "artist / album" ? (i am personally for "album / artist")
Should we just follow the cover/spine title ?

Quote:
Standardizing the separator for multi-line titles (~, -, EM DASH?)
This is interesting and not always followed (as it's also a personal preference for each user i think)
We could include the standardization of sub-titles when there is no special characters.. -xxx- [xxx] ..
But again i think we should follow the cover/spine when there are such characters.

Quote:
Should subtitles be split out into a separate field?
Personally don't think it's needed, but let's hear more opinions about it.

Quote:
Should fan translations be allowed for certain titles (e.g., Mamoru Has Been Cursed!)
I think it should be on the "alternative titles".. again, let's hear more opinions.

Quote:
Inclusion of Japanese titles on albums whose title is already in English
This is semi-useful, it can fetch a few more Japanese users, i am for it when you are able to privide it.

Quote:
If the game has an official english name, you may use it instead of the romanized Japanese name (Art of Fighting instead of Ryouko no Ken). Don't submit a literal translation of a game's name if it differs from the official English game name, or if the game has no English release. It is fine to translate other parts of the album title.
This is the most important point i think and is still unclear and not respected totally.
I will submit once more my example:

You say we can use Art of Fighting insead of Ryuuko no Ken, but then we have been using Garou Densetsu for years when there is a english name: Fatal Fury.
(art of fighting is a complicate case since the 3rd album use both names..)

To be honest, i always stick with romanized names (this is a personal choice)
It's maybe time to choose something definitive about it.