View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:18 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Speaking of auto-generation, another thing to bring up is the addition of (Limited Edition) and (iTunes) extensions to the titles, which we can also generate.
Nice, I suggest "Digital" or an icon like reprints instead, iTunes being just a vendor.

Quote:
It looks like most agree with this standardization, and I like it to. The only thing I'd add is that it can be superseded by what's on the cover/obi (for example, if they offset a subtitle by enclosing it in tildes or dashes).
I'd add that care should be taken not to add gratuitious separators since it's now always clear. Ex.- this, some write it as "Shadow Hearts: From the New World" but the official spelling is the whole thing without the separator.

Quote:
I wanted to bring this forward to see what people thought about it. In some ways it might be cleaner, but it presents the user with more fields, so as an interface I'm not sure I like it. On the back end, these titles are all stored in the same text field in the database, so this also raises the question about whether those should be split out as well (they don't have to be.)
Well, it could stiill be displayed to the users like it is now. Not a big deal but I just think this being an info site it'd be better to somehow differentiate user-generated titles from official/printed ones (regardless of language), for archiving purposes.