View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2021, 02:26 PM
Trusted Editor

- Linked all the dead composers from the inserts and the various credited artists on older releases. I don't know enough about Konami games, musics, or systems to decipher who composed what and whether it was for the Arcade version or not and whether the links on older releases are confirmed but uncredited or speculative. Someone else can have fun with that.
- Linked the Mastering Engineer but not the other non-music related information
- Added English tracklist, there are a lot of differences from the tracklists in older releases they correspond to, namely corrections. Here are some of the important ones I noted down.

* Eagle Eagle Sabnosuke is only written as Eagle Sab (イーグル佐武) in the references to him here in the track titles, not his full name (イーグル ワシサブノスケ), hence using Sab instead of Sabnosuke. A number of old releases have this as Eagle Satake and that's wrong.
* D6M13 --> old translations of "Baruru~n" use "Varoom" or something, which is wrong. It's technically supposed to be Balloon since the stage is full of balloons. I just used the word Balloon but if you wanted to keep the phonetic elongation it might be something more like Balloo~n, Ball~oon, Balloloon, or something similar.
* Not happy with D7M26 because I'm not sure where "はコンデ" originally translated to "Transporting" (via konami wiki). It's a construction crane that definitely has a hoist / lift / claw but I just can't find a good source for that translation.
* D8M14 Shuppoppo is the onomatopoeiac sound a steam engine locomotive makes as the steam is exiting the stack and with cal's help, in English this roughly translates to "Chuff chuff". "Chugga chugga" and "Choo choo" would also work but if we're getting specific those are both different sounds with locomotives. I feel like chugga chugga is the sound the wheels make as it moves forward and choo choo is the long release on the steam stack.

Didn't propagate to older releases but if someone else wants to do that, feel free.