View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilef View Post
"I'm proud of being one of the few who actually owns them... I'm a collector, if I'd share them I'd get the feeling to lower their value.
"When you make choices, you should face the consequences, too. You couldn't afford that particular version? Sorry for you."
You know what I'm proud of? That I feel some strong disgust by reading this. This is elitist's talk in its naked and most detestable form.
This whole stuff about rare goods, it just pisses me off. If you get a boner by keeping rare stuff rare on purpose even though it's long out of its sale period: Gratz.

You know how these thoughts separate you from all those capitalist scum out there that value financial profit over anything else? Not at all.

Giving other people the chance to experience something they normally wouldn't be able to, no matter what it is, can be infinitely more rewarding. I've bought a long OOP CD for well over 300$ and shared it with some people. Even if I reduced its value this way (according to you, ilef) and would get less money from a later sale: Dude, I could not care less; there's more than money out there. Am I proud because I own a few "rare" CDs that others don't have? No. It's nice to have them, yes. I like japanese CDs, I like Obis, I like the effort they sometimes put in their packaging and in general it's neat to have some of my favorite music in physical form. But the feeling of satisfaction because you own something that others don't: Boy, that's so wrong.

For artists/publishers, sharing of OOP albums is non-destructive at worst. At best, it can make someone like stuff by a particular artist enough to pay for a future release.

I'm sorry for my wording, I'm not sorry for my opinion. Sometimes, when enough feces accumulates, I just can't hold back.