View Single Post
Old May 6, 2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
So, I am struggling some with how to address your questions in the context of this conversation. You've submitted over 1200 albums though, and only have 3 outright rejections, so I don't think you are being singled out. There isn't any subjective favoritism here, but there are two factors always in play: 1) trusted editors and staff are not watched as closely, and even in the new guidelines have more leeway for submitting category 2 and 3, and 2) accurate and complete submissions were more likely to be kept even if they were a little out-of-scope, but the same album submitted by someone who omitted some of the credits would get deleted.
Funny..... weeks ago i was trying to find where the hell i could see how much submissions i had done xD. Thank you. now i know. xD
I don't want to be an ass or sound like it, far from that, but at the time, I am pretty sure it was more then 3 rejections, HOWEVER, maybe some were not rejected, and where hidden for staff only eyes (i am just assuming that part actually).
I did expressed my concerns to "Efindjia" at the time, and.. a lot about certain things around regarding the submissions.
but...
to see if i got it correct:
You are trying to say that my use of word "favoritism" is wrong and might be confuses with "Trusted Editors/Staff Members" Power use?
I can' accept that, as many times I did engage what I felt not fair to be done on those "waters".
So, my bad if i used the wrong wording.

Quote:
The point of these new rules is to define more clearly what albums people can submit.
I am also trying to figure out ways, I just have too much questions to dial them all up.

Quote:
Are you proposing that any album should be eligible provided that it shares some link (artist or product) with another album in the database? Do you think there should be any limits on that?
I am kinda lost here. I don't know if I am getting you correctly.
You mean, if an artist has an entry already here, I can add on his vgmdb list anything he had done, if his/her name is attached to it?
help me on this, because i got bit confused.

Quote:
I think you are proposing that all of "Japanese Film/TV" should be a secondary visual art, maybe replacing the current more-restrictive Tokusatsu/childrens programming under Live-Action Visual Arts, and should cover all Japanese film and television. I don't believe there is a lot of support for that here, but we should discuss it anyway.
I was not really proposing... I was stating, that is kinda of a reality now. Tokusatsu, is "mainly" live action. :/
To be honest, I don't complain with these asian live action soundtracks.
I might be overboard with my thinking, and I am sorry if I am thinking incorrectly:
VGMDB is game music database that got a wide scope, one of them, which i do enjoy trying to build up, are the japanese musicians works.
I also considered VGMDB to be a good source of japanese sited soundtrack music. Be it anime, game or live action. OF COURSE.... depending on the composers listed here.

For example, are we gonna add a composer with not ties to anime, or game, if only he does is live action?
We could add a composer entry, let say on live action movie, from original source as manga.
For example... what I asked yesterday.- John Lissaur (whatever is name) composed the american soundtrack of the second pokemon movie. Should he had a entry here?
I THINK; he should, if his name is attached to something else RELEVANT on the scope of the website.
BUT, he did japanese movie soundtrack. Should we add that here?

I am sorry if I have complicated questions. its not that I want to add that here, i am just pulling examples up to try have some more feedback understanding on it.

Quote:
The reason is: does not meet the following eligibility requirement for Category 3. "If an artist has a composer or arranger credit for BGM in a Primary Visual Art (Category 1), then any album on which they are credited in any role is eligible provided it is not in the Forbidden Albums set (Category 4)."
Quote:
As an aside, i did find a BGM credit for one of the composers, so that single has eligibility. I still want the onus to be on the submitter to preemptively defend eligibility. Easy enough to post the reason it should be included.
So, if I understood right, unless the artists are not composers or arrangers, it is not eligible album/single even though it is attached to a "franchise" (fro lack of the right word, that came first.)