View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:44 AM
VGMdb Staff

I've seen a number of other albums & artists that are far more secondary while still being kept, if they're submitted good .

Gregson-Williams's discography looks better now

I also think this is a very minimalistic "sample" of western animation OSTs that will not hurt the database while still being connected to some notable artist (at least to MGS franchise) and having good amount of info per entry.

I will not deactivate these albums. If SS thinks it's really, really not good and puts them on the ice, I won't object of course.

...I mean, don't get me wrong, here's this artist for example, only one game title with two non-related original works added to the database without any other notable artists involved. I personally don't have anything against it and think these works albums are very nice addition to the db.
So Gregson-Williams deserves to have just a little more albums in the database, plus these albums aren't 'works' not related to anything; they are very much the future interest of vgmdb - western animation.

Another thing - some artists have very poor discographies because they are related (much) more to western animation, like John Powell who is primarily seen as a composer for western animation films. So when this database stops being Japanese animation exclusive, certain artist pages will have some noticeable benefits, so to speak. But for now, I say again these Gregson-Williams's scores won't do harm to the db.

Last edited by Efendija; Jan 12, 2013 at 03:12 PM.