Thread: Ōkami (#170)
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:15 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Posting in an Okami thread is usually a good way to get my attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
"No product Link" can be added as a search option in the future. We currently have to leave albums that are connected to a release, not a product.
"No Product Link" added.

I haven't worked through the mechanics, but I think that linking to releases will involve linking to the product, then association the releases as a separate step.

Quote:
Also, although I don't think it's a big deal, a linked product often remains an unassigned one (ex.), if the display name of a product and the text in the product table are different.
This is the default behavior in artists too. You might as well propagate the true product name into the album's product field, since there really isn't any reason for it to be different (unless it's a placeholder for some specific release name). Otherwise, nobody sees it anyway.

Quote:
One more thing I'd appreciate is to uncheck the "APPLY" box of the product for which multiple IDs are suggested. When the franchise and its product share the same name, I think one with an earlier ID number is suggested (ex.) and I think it will sometimes result in mislinking, since franchises are generally added ahead of Title (product), yet linking albums to the franchise is much less frequent, so ideally, we should select the right one manually.
I thought I implemented this a long time ago, but my implementation apparently wasn't working correctly. I tried something different, so let me know if it works for all cases.