View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQdoomQx View Post
Takeshi Hama: It looks like he might be doing more anime now, but I'm hoping he doesn't get stuck doing just Idol shows. I'd like to hear more in the vein of what he did for Devil May Cry and Maoyu Mao Yusha.
You might be interested to know that Takeshi Hama was employed by Nintendo some years ago and he worked on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (alongside several other composers such as Mahito Yokota and Hajime Wakai), which is a soundtrack worth checking out overall and I'm sure some people in this forum reached out to him to know which tracks he composed for that, and that also happen to be some of the best in the entire soundtrack. A great shame that this game never got a standalone full soundtrack release outside of compilation or arrangement albums.

I definitely found it interesting that he left Nintendo shortly after that game's release and has been working as a freelancer ever since. He's a great composer and definitely should have more projects, be it anime or even more Zelda games.

To contribute to this thread, I'd actually like to hear some of my favorite video game composers such as Yasunori Mitsuda, Motoi Sakuraba and Yoko Shimomura work on anime a bit more often.

Last edited by Frostwraith; Nov 28, 2018 at 09:38 AM.