View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
See post #22.
Oh, thanks. I missed this somehow.

These are all interviews I could find on composition duties in the game:

Either he's not aware that "Teaser Music #1" made it into the game (not "Teaser Music #2") or the CD's credits are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji Kondo
The process of creating the E3 trailer was fascinating. Three people (including me) each composed a different approach to the trailer’s music. Then we asked one of Japan’s most extraordinarily gifted composers and music arrangers, Michiru Oshima, to work her magic on all three pieces, envisioning how an orchestra could wrap its many instruments around the general music. We then recorded each of the three orchestrations with famed conductor Yasuzo Takemoto on hand, who you might know as the conductor who stood command over the amazing 2002 Smash Bros. concert in Japan. I did have a chance to personally conduct when we recorded a chorus for one possible version of the trailer. Though I’d studied music, I hadn’t studied classical music, so I’d never used a conductor’s baton before (outside of the one in The Wind Waker, that is!), and it was incredibly fun.
Here he says there were three composers, each of whom composed a piece of teaser music. Also directly contradicts the CD's credits. This also confirms there is a "Teaser Music #3" which was never released.

Sounds like he did most of the character themes and motifs...

...and generally most of the non-cutscene stuff.

This talks about the shop theme in all its variations.

Asuka Ohta probably did cutscene work. Koji Kondo mostly just sat there and nodded in approval.

Edit for RBMNintendoGamer's finds:

Talking about "Hyrule Field (Main Theme)" as per the video captions.

Talking about other tracks and the overall soundtrack as per the video captions.

Talking about "Midna's Lament" as per the video captions.

Talking about other tracks and the overall soundtrack as per the video captions. Further confirms his involvement with the battle music.

Talking about other tracks and the overall soundtrack as per the video captions. Corroborates her involvement with the cutscene music and her minimal work on the game. Doesn't confirm which piece she is talking about though. Could be the scene where Zelda sacrifices herself for Midna, or where the Mirror of Twilight is repaired. The most likely candidate are cutscenes before, during or after the final battle, however, what with Ohta being credited for Zelda's theme.

Last edited by zierts; Mar 13, 2016 at 03:16 PM.