View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despatche View Post
I wish I could know why people like it so much so I could stop complaining about it
Here here, I want so badly to know why Soukaigi gets so much praise. I honestly do. It's unfathomable to me how anyone can find any inspiration in it. And it seems they really do... I just have NO idea why. It is the most cliche, lifeless, poser VGM I have ever heard. So I totally know how you feel.

So far Celceta sounds pretty bad, but it's definitely not a disgrace to VGM in my opinion, simply because it's just not bad enough. Sure, what I heard is generic and uninteresting and I don't even like the synth quality, but here's one somehow redeeming thing I can say about Celceta's music: it's video game music. It doesn't sound like it was written to be some sort of eclectic musical masterpiece, it sounds like it was written to fit into areas, scenes, and battles in a video game. At the very least, I get some sort of imagery of video game content when I hear the music. When I hear Soukaigi, I get the imagery of Kikuta stroking his musical-genius-peen, and as you can probably guess, that's not pleasant imagery, I don't want to see that when I listen to anything. Just my two cents on this soundtrack though.