View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
X2 was composed by Yuki Iwai, not Yuko.
haha oops, my bad. the names are too similar :[

Quote:
Comparison of musical style rather than theme is more what i go by
that is what i'm doing, although i generalised for the sake of brevity. in the case of takehara i'm not overly familiar with her style, however her other work that I have heard (breath of fire 2 for instance) does not sound much alike X1 to me (at micro or macro level) while x-men mutant apocalypse sounds much more alike X1, musicalogically as well as the sample set, definitely more so than X2 i reckon. that's why i feel yamamoto had a significant role on X1, and that final fight 2 is similar to both x-men and x1 only emphasises that point. he is the common denominator, while takehara and iwai's other output doesn't seem as alike. anyway, that's how i'm looking at it. right now though, there's way too many uncertainties. i'd be unable to speculate on who wrote what song in great detail at this point due to lack of familiarity with all the names listed, i'd have to go check out all their other works, which would take some time. hah. given the number of sound staff that worked on the game though there's got to be a good chance that one of them will eventually say something about it in an interview.

anyway, it's a very interesting discussion. i've wanted more details about the X1 soundtrack for a long time.