View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:19 PM

Nice idea indeed, although i would actually credit Spark Mandrill to Yuko. One thing to recognize with setsuo's style is the use of a layering effect, usually the same instrument, like listen to how the guitars in the game sound in most of the ones that are setsuo's, both distortion and overdrive, they both use them. He will sacrifice things for that, Spark Mandrill has the distortion guitar kind of quiet, and there is no layering effect, only the usual echo effect, it is actually put together much like Nash's theme from SFZ1, distortion guitar is not as easy to hear in nash's theme(which is by Yuko) as it is in adon's theme(which is setsuo's), in most of the songs which are/seem to be setsuo's, the distortion guitar is much louder, if Spark Mandriller were his, they would be louder likely, yuko often has them quiet, same apllies to may games she does. There's also one thing heard in the background that resembles the end of nash's theme. It even has similar patterns to nash's theme. It also even has that vibe to the music like it was the same person as Boomer Kuwanger.

In this case, i would like alter my credits and credit Launch Octopus to Setsuo. It uses that same layering effect. X-Men MA uses this same layering effect in nearly every if not every song. And yes, this effect is used in the SFZ1 and 2(adon's theme has it, and i haven't quite checked to see if Birdie's theme has it, but knowing setsuo, i am sure he does).Considering how 90 % of the OST uses it, it seems setsuo dominated the OST here, all the other ones were mere contributers that kind of popped in and out. I think Yuki is the one that did one song only here, and maybe toshihiko. I myself think Dr. Right was Yuko, i also think DEMO was also Yuko's as well, it doesn't use any setsuo effects here, uses SMD effects, and has similarities with Shademan, which i am 110%(LOL) sure Yuko did.

I am 99.9% sure yuko did BK, but, as i said, if she did, then could that mean roll's theme is also her's? Sorry for bringing that up again, but i got Jukebox and marked out the other channels except the bass, and this bassline is 90% the same as Boomer Kuwanger's, it even has a slight dun dun dun dun end to it, different note, but same melody basically, even the way the bells/singer do/sings the main melody sort of resembles Spark Mandrill if you know what i mean. I also now just noticed the guitar solo part sounds like the strings from Boomer Kuwanger, also note the similarities, yuko is the only one from RMX that did MvC1, so this shows only further proof that she did Boomer Kuwanger, and that she probably also did roll's theme. Now i wish i could say Yuko sang it, but i think i got a name somewhere, so that's out of the question. lol More than likely, the non-vocal version was done first, and then they redid it with a singer singing to it, not sure if the singer was intended from the start or not, but yeah. Sorry if this was off topic, maybe i could cut this slice out of here and place it in the MvC1 topic?

Last edited by HarukameiKasumo; Dec 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM.