View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:21 AM

Well from running my own international site, most translate buttons on EU sites have British flag and not American. That being said I have never run into any problems with doing translations of the Japanese album information to English as far as regional words are concerned. Reviews and news articles will always have problems cause of localization by the authors slang, but the references in Japanese items will relate to British far more often then to American. American English is far from being a standard across the world and does not translate well to the EU area's. That last part is just my opinion from playing online many hours of the day with people who do not "read" English as native language.

If your looking for standard on song translation I would put up a poll and put the flags of various countries. I am welling to bet that even the Japanese will vote on the British flag. Its just that common on International sites. But if you just talking differences in the two dialects of English give this a look.

Btw great site guys, I just did a Google and found this place researching an old game CD. Good job !