View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2014, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarist500 View Post
In regards to his music for Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, there are at least three tracks sound it was done by him: Luigi Circuit, Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road. Someone told me that he wrote the Staff Roll theme. Can anyone shed some light on what tracks he was in charge of?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident93 View Post
Basically anything that sounds like Rainbow Road, haha. You can also usually tell what song is Tanaka's by the bass and basslines she always seems to use (just compare this soundtrack with Super Mario Sunshine). I'd say this soundtrack was predominantly Tanaka's, with Nagata only really doing Rainbow Road, Bowser's Castle, Staff Roll, and the Menu theme.

I'm more interested in how many songs Nagata did for Mario Kart 7 (outside of Rainbow Road, Mario Circuit, Rock Rock Mountain, and Bowser's Castle).
I agree with that analysis. I was playing Double Dash with my girlfriend over the last few weeks and we were discussing the composer roles together. I said to her that it sounded like most of the soundtrack was Tanaka (kind of fun/silly/childish sounding to my ears), but Rainbow Road and the Credits music are Nagata IMO. Luigi Circuit I would pin as Tanaka too - well, she likes using whistle patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarist500
Outside of those, Nagata's Mario Kart 7 work are Cheep Cheep Lagoon, Rosalina's Ice World, Wuhu Mountain Loop (arrange), Toad Circuit, Spectating Race, Menu, Staff, and Title Theme. I don't know about the fanfares though.

The soundtrack appears to be handled mostly by Satomi Terui. Gatta love her wacky, jazz chord progressions haha
Is there proof for this, just out of interest? Didn't listen to this soundtrack yet but I'm curious. And I wonder if Terui's chord vocab is as wacky as Soyo Oka's... how exciting