Thread: Modern day VGM
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2014, 08:14 PM

Amusingly, I've re-written this post more times than I care to admit...so here goes:

I don't think Modern game music is in a decline. I don't think it's fair to even compare it to past decades either. Perhaps exposure to the right soundtrack might change some of your minds who agree the modern game music isn't as robust as the past. Perhaps discussion with the right people may open a few doors to a soundtrack you may have thought weak, but might possibly have a deeper meaning within in-game context.

There's actually a facebook group that I joined fall/winter of last year (2013-14) called Hidden Sound Test - Obscure Video Game Music, and the point of the group is to post videogame music you feel is obscure and catchy. We post music from all console generations, and I'll tell ya hwat, Bobby, many, many of these music posts are very catchy. That's the great things about online communities, that it has members that always have something to bring to the table that the rest of the group may overlook.