View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew View Post
So I noticed an English version of the tracklist was never added, so I went ahead and did so--based on zierts' and others' suggestions.
Neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Cross-referencing the old rip with composer credits stream is over

Some surprises, but many of my guesses were correct. Some solid comments from other contributors too.

(The doc is now re-opened for comments)
Bonus points for still using Winamp in this day and age.

But can I say that Nintendo albums can be a bit strange when it comes to composition and arrangement credits? I don't get why they would credit Koji Kondo for 1-33 "Inside a House" (seeing how he did the original one for Ocarina of Time but most likely didn't contribute to the Skyward Sword arrangement), yet not for things like 1-03 "File Selection" or 5-37 "Treasure Chest" which would certainly fall into the same category. Odd. Any ideas as to why that is?

Also compare this to the Twilight Princess HD Sound Selection which is just as coy about whether Koji Kondo actually worked on the Twilight Princess tracks or if he was just the original composer for earlier games (though it credits him much more consistently for arranged music). There, we have at least one instance in which he participated as lyricist at the very least, but we don't know if he also composed/arranged the "Title Theme" in collaboration with Toru Minegishi. Or, if Koji Kondo did the entire thing and Toru Minegishi is only credited for the use of "Midna's Theme" at its end.

Last edited by zierts; Nov 21, 2021 at 10:19 AM.